WebOS profile setup via wifi
By Romain Picard on Wednesday 15 June 2011, 10:00 - Permalink
- Enable developer mode if the device was already activated on another profile, or use MetaDoctor to flash a firmware with developer mode enabled.
- Once the device is started, launch a shell on it via "novaterm".
- On the shell, type "touch /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use" to bypass the start of the "first-launch" application.
- Type "pkill LunaSysMgr" to restart luna (the ui environment). The device should start without "first-launch" being started.
- Enable wifi.
- On the shell, type "rm /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use"
- Type "pkill LunaSysMgr" to restart luna. "first-launch" should start prompting to create a new profile. This is now possible since the wifi connection is ready.
- Create a new profile